EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE GTBANK VIRTUAL MASTERCARD
The GTBank Virtual MasterCard is a digital payment card designed to aid frequent online shoppers with a secure and flexible alternative to physical payment cards. The virtual card is instantly issued via Internet Banking. It is a new innovative service recently launched by GTbank Guaranty Trust Bank Nigeria.
The Gtbank Virtual Master Card is designed primarily for security conscious online shoppers who prefer to limit the access their Mastercard has to their bank funds. This serves as a second efficient option for customers who have forgotten or lost their Card, but may urgently need to make an online purchase or transaction.
Benefits of GTBank Virtual MasterCard
- Accessibility: Your Virtual Mastercard can be used wherever and whenever a MasterCard is accepted online.
- Instant: The Virtual card is available instantly on request.
- It’s Flexible: The card can be loaded from your existing Account via Internet Banking.
- Safe: Your card eliminates the risk and inconvenience of carrying cash and it cannot be stolen.
- It’s Prepaid: The card is loaded via Internet Banking.
- Shopping Online: With your card, you no longer have to wait until you travel to shop. You can now do so at many international websites that offer delivery to Nigeria such as ASOS, Amazon, Victoria Secret, River Island, Hawes and Curtis and many more.
- It’s Virtual: You don’t need to carry it out around to use it for online shopping always available on your Internet Banking.
- Secure: The card relies on the existing GTBank Internet Banking state-of-the-art secure technology platform.
- Back-up plan: The Virtual Mastercard is a alternative option for customers who have forgotten or lost their Card, but need to urgently make an online purchase.
- Its Convertible: The card can be converted to a physical debit card upon your request.
- Longevity: The card is valid for 2 years
- If you’ve been using GTBank Internet Banking platform already then it will be very easy for you to generate your GTB virtual MasterCard from the GTBank online portal. Once generated, you will be able to see all the details of the card such as PAN (card number), CVV, Expiry Date and you will be able to transfer fund to the card from other accounts listed on your internet banking dashboard.
How To Generate GTBank Virtual MasterCard
- Log on to www.gtbank.com
- Under Internet Banking, click on “Login” and sign in with your internet banking User ID and Password
Scroll down and click on “Cards” at the left sidebar
- Click on “Virtual Card Request’
- Click on “New Request”
- Select the Account to Debit for charges
- Click on the ‘Account to link’ and agree to the “Terms and Condition” check boxes
- Answer your secret question and click the ‘Continue’ button
- The confirmation button is then displayed
- Generate a 6-digit code from your hardware token device
- Input the generated 6-digit token code on the confirmation page and click the ‘Submit’ button
- Internet Banking will display the details of the Pre-paid card once your request is successful:
PAN (Card Number)
Note: You can view the details of your Virtual card anytime by clicking “view card details” but you will require the use of Hardware token.
How To Transfer Fund To GTBank Virtual MasterCard Via Internet Banking
You must fund your GTB Virtual Master Card before you can use it to make online payments.
You can easily do this by making use of the “Own Account Transfer” module via “Account Transfer” but before you can do this, ensure that the virtual card’s account number has been listed on your Internet banking dashboard, else you won’t be able to fund it.
Therefore, if the GTBank Virtual card account number does not appear immediately after you generate it, then you might need to exercise patient till it appears. Sometimes, you may have to wait till the next working day.
Note: Generating and use of the GTBank Virtual Card is not free. A certain amount will be deducted from your GTBank account. This amount is usually reoccurring as you continue using the Gtbank Virtual Card. Don’t quote us but I think it is about N500. Anyway you can always confirm the exact amount at the bank. Remember you can always convert your Virtual Card to a Physical MasterCard this should also stop the regular charges.
How to Convert to Your Virtual Pre-paid card to a Physical MasterCard
In your dashboard, click ‘Convert to physical Card’ link button as shown on the right
Select the Account to debit for the card Charge
Select your preferred Pick Up Branch
Answer your secret question and click the ‘Continue’ button
A record submitted successfully is displayed once request is complete
Note: The card is removed from the History page and will no longer available as a Virtual card’.
The below stated transaction limits are subject to change anytime with the banks discretion so always contact your bank for latest information however these are correct as at June 2016.
Maximum daily loadable limit: N100,000
Daily Transaction limit (POS): N250,000.
Maximum amount permitted on your card at any point in time: N250,000
(or its equivalent in the currency of the country you are transacting)
GTBank remains firm on their passion goal to deliver pace-setting value added services that are tailored to meet the diverse needs of their ever-growing customer base by leveraging technology to make banking more convenient for all their customers. Feel free to share your opinion about this new GTBank Virtual Mastercard card.